These terms apply to all gift cards and electronic vouchers issued by or on behalf of Flight Centre Travel Group ("FCTG") trading as "Flight Centre", "The Universal Traveller" or "Travel Associates" (each a "Gift Card"). By purchasing, redeeming or attempting to redeem a Gift Card, you agree to the following terms.
- Gift Cards are redeemable at participating FCTG retail stores located within Australia.
- Unless otherwise stated on the Gift Card, Gift Cards are valid for use within 3 years from the date of issue.
- Gift Cards purchased from 4 April 2018 will be issued with a PIN number. In order for a Gift Card to be redeemed, the customer must provide the associated unique PIN number at time of redemption. If a PIN number cannot be provided, the Gift Card will not be able to be redeemed.
- Gift Cards may only be applied up to the maximum value loaded onto the Gift Card which is unspent at the time of use. Where the cost of purchase exceeds the available balance of the Gift Card, the excess amount must be paid by another payment method.
- Gift Cards are non-refundable.
- Gift Cards may be redeemed in whole or part during the validity period. Where used in part, no change will be given. Any unused balance may be used against future purchases, but will not be refunded or credited when the Gift Card expires.
- Gift Cards cannot be reloaded.
- Gift Cards may not be redeemed or exchanged for cash, traveller's cheques, cash passports or any other form of currency.
- Gift Cards may not, without the prior written consent of FCTG, be resold or offered for resale at a premium (including via online auction or other unauthorised resale sites) or used for advertising, promotion or other commercial purposes (including competitions and trade promotions) or to enhance the demand for other goods or services. If a Gift Card is sold or used in breach of this condition, FCTG may in its absolute and sole discretion cancel or render invalid the Gift Card without a refund and the Gift Card holder may be refused redemption of the Gift Card. FCTG will take all reasonable steps to notify you of FCTG’s intention to cancel or render invalid a Gift Card within a reasonable time before cancelling or rendering invalid the Gift Card.
- FCTG may cancel or render invalid any Gift Card (including any available balance) which FCTG determines in its absolute and sole discretion was purchased at any time and in any way (including via online auction or other unauthorised resale sites) by fraudulent means. FCTG may cancel any bookings made using any fraudulent Gift Card which may include any non-refundable amounts. FCTG will not be responsible for any costs incurred by you if you purchase or attempt to redeem any fraudulent Gift Card. You acknowledge and agree that you will not be entitled to redeem any available balance on any fraudulent Gift Card and that FCTG will not be obliged to hold such balance on file for you or otherwise redeem or exchange that Gift Card.
- You are responsible for the use and security of your Gift Card and PIN number. Lost or stolen Gift Cards may not be replaced or refunded. Lost or stolen PIN numbers cannot be reissued or replaced. You are liable for all transactions on your Gift Card except those caused by fraud or negligence by FCTG or its employees.
- Defaced, mutilated or altered Gift Cards may not be accepted, replaced or refunded.
- Gift Cards may not be used for payment of credit or retailer accounts.
- The laws of Queensland, Australia apply to these terms and conditions and any disputes arising in relation to them.
- Questions or problems relating to Gift Cards should be directed to FCTG's Gift Cards Care Team on 1300 554 268. Complaints about purchases made with a Gift Card should be resolved directly with the store concerned.