Frequently Asked Questions
Who should I contact if I require assistance or additional information?
Do you have a question? Please refer to the FAQs or call the Gift Card Customer Service Centre on 1300 554 268
The Gift Card Customer Service Centre is available 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
To check your gift card balance and transaction history, click here.
Where can I purchase Universal Traveller Gift Cards?
Universal Traveller Gift Cards can be purchased from Universal Traveller locations within Australia as well as online via the Universal Traveller website.
Can I exchange, return or refund my Gift Card?
Gift cards cannot be exchanged, returned or refunded unless required by law. Postage and handling fees are non-refundable.
Can more value be added to a Gift Card?
No, once a Gift Card has been purchased the value on it is unable to be increased.
Where can Gift Cards be used/redeemed?
Do I need a PIN number in order to redeem my Gift Card?
Yes, it is essential that you provide the PIN number at time of redemption. PIN numbers are printed on physical and e-Gift Cards.
Is there anything I can’t use my Gift Card for?
How many times can I use my Gift Card?
You are free to use this card as many times as you like until the balance is zero. If you do make a purchase that exceeds the remaining balance on your Gift Card our stores do allow split payments.
How do I get a list of transactions made with my Gift Card?
The easy way to check your balance and transaction history is to go online , or via our Customer Service Centre – 1300 554 268
Do Universal Traveller Gift Cards expire?
They do expire; our Universal Traveller Gift Cards are valid for use for 36 months (3 years) from the date of purchase.
My Gift Card is lost or stolen
Once Gift Cards are activated, they should be treated like cash; any lost or stolen cards cannot be replaced or refunded.
My PIN number is lost or stolen
PIN numbers should be treated like cash. Lost or stolen PIN numbers cannot be replaced. A valid PIN number is required at time of redemption in order for the Gift Card to be redeemed.
How do I order a Universal Traveller Gift Card online?
You can place a Gift Card order online and follow the steps listed below:
- SELECT GIFT CARD
- Select the Gift Card design, specify card type (physical or digital), number of cards and value per card and click 'ADD TO CART' to keep shopping or 'ADD + CHECKOUT' to proceed to checkout. Please note digital gift cards will be sent to the email address nominated. Digital gift cards must be taken to a customer service desk and exchanged for a physical card in order to be redeemed. Physical gift cards must be collected from the Customer Service Desk.
- Repeat step 1 until you have added the required number of gift cards. Once complete select 'CHECKOUT' or 'Cart' (found in the top right hand corner).
- ENTER YOUR DETAILS
- ENTER RECIPIENT DETAILS
- ENTER YOUR MESSAGE
- Should you wish to add a custom message to your physical or digital gift card, complete the required fields using up to 400 characters, including spaces. If you do not wish to add a message simply leave blank.
- Select 'CONFIRM'.
- ENTER YOUR PAYMENT DETAILS
- Review details of your order. If you would like to make any amendments, you can do so by selecting any of the previous tabs.
- Enter your payment details and select 'Submit' to perform payment or 'Cancel Order' to cancel your order. Payment can be made using your Visa, MasterCard or American Express
- Once payment has been processed you will receive a confirmation message and an order number. Please record this order number for further enquires or select 'print page' for your reference. Please note that a Gift Card Order Confirmation will be sent to the email address provided.
Enter you details; First name, Surname, Email, Phone, Address, Suburb, State, Country and Postcode are required fields. Tick the box to agree to Universal Traveller’s terms and conditions found at: Gift Card Terms and Conditions
When you’re ready, select ‘CONFIRM’.
Please specify if you wish to send all digital gift cards to the same email address or specify the email address for each digital gift card. Physical gift cards will be posted via express post.
I am having difficulty placing an order online
Please note that you will need to have third party cookies enabled in your internet browser to complete an order.
This can be updated in the ‘tools’ tab of your internet browser, normally under the internet settings / privacy options. If you are still having difficulties placing an order, perhaps try ordering via another internet browser such as Google Chrome or Internet Explorer.
Can I cancel my Gift Card order if I order online?
Unfortunately, once an order is submitted online it is unable to be cancelled.
What value can I put on a Gift Card?
Any card purchased in store can be loaded with any value between $20 and $4000. Online
A Gift Card ordered online can be loaded with any value between $10 and $2000. You may order a maximum of $4000 worth of Gift Cards in any one transaction.
Is it secure to enter my credit card details when ordering Gift Cards online?
Your information and online credit card transactions are transmitted through a secure server using Secure Socket Layering (SSL), encryption technology. You can identify this by looking at the URL address "https," the "s" indicates you are in a secure area employing SSL. Your browser may also give you a pop-up message that you're about to enter a secure area.
Can I order Gift Cards from outside Australia?
We do accept orders globally through our website, however Gift Cards will only be loaded in Australian Dollars and delivered to Australian businesses and residential street addresses. It is important to also note that gift cards are only redeemable in Universal Traveller retail stores within Australia.
What form of payments are accepted online?
Payments can be made using Visa, Mastercard and American Express. We do not accept cheque, cash or Gift Card payments for the purchase of Gift Cards online.